Our eponymous book Twelve by Twelve: the International Art Quilt Challenge was published in 2011 and is still readily available. Each chapter is devoted exclusively to one of the twelve themes from our first series —from Dandelion to Twelve—with one quilt and artist highlighted in depth. The book also includes:
- a detailed look at the creative inspirations, processes, techniques, and workspace of each Twelve;
- beautiful photographs of all 144 quilts in the Theme series;
- sidebars offering quilting tips such as “Adapting Commercial Fabrics”, “Quilt Finishing Techniques”, and”Demystifying the Thermofax”;
- information on how to start your own challenge group and the benefits of blogging; and
- a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what it’s like to be part of a virtual creative community.