Our eponymous book Twelve by Twelve: the International Art Quilt Challenge was published in 2011 and is still readily available. Each chapter is devoted exclusively to one of the twelve themes from our first series —from Dandelion to Twelve—with one quilt and artist highlighted in depth. The book also includes:
- a detailed look at the creative inspirations, processes, techniques, and workspace of each Twelve;
- beautiful photographs of all 144 quilts in the Theme series;
- sidebars offering quilting tips such as “Adapting Commercial Fabrics”, “Quilt Finishing Techniques”, and”Demystifying the Thermofax”;
- information on how to start your own challenge group and the benefits of blogging; and
- a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what it’s like to be part of a virtual creative community.
In 2017, we self-published Colorplay a catalogue style book that documents the Colorplay series. The 174 page paperback book features photos and artist statements for all 144 quilts together with mosaic images for each of the 12 Colorplay challenges. There is also an introduction by Diane Perin.
Some of the above links are affiliate links, meaning we may receive a payment or other benefit if you use the link to make a purchase (at no extra cost to you).